For years, our elders have always advised us to look into our diets and eat healthily. In the current scenario, everyone has become health conscious. Are you ready to embark on your fitness journey? All of us want to achieve our ideal weight goal and maintain it while also eating all the different types of food items available in the market.
“The word diet often implies the use of specific intake of nutrition for health or weight-management reasons (with the two often being related), says Wikipedia.
We have cut your research work short and come up with the top 5 diet types and their benefits for you. So, Let’s make living healthy by helping you eat wisely.
The Top 5 Diets That Can Be Adapted To Indian Palates
Number 5 – Ketogenic Diet:
The ketogenic diet, popularly known as Keto diet or low carb high-fat diet, wherein the body produces calories in the liver after intaking foods rich in fats and protein to be used as energy.
What You Should Know
- It puts your body in the state of ketosis.
- It is one of the most well-known diets and highly searched on google.
- It helps one lose weight in the shorter term.
- You should consume about 10-30% protein, 75%fat and no more than 5% of carbs.
Benefits of Keto Diet
- Controls cholesterol
- Stronger mental health
- Reduces blood sugar
- Reduces intake of diabetes medication
- Rapid weight loss
- Insulin sensitivity
Drawbacks of Keto Diet:
- Can cause constipation
- Even though it is faster, it is not a healthy choice.
- Nutritional deficiencies
- Kidney stone issues
Things to eat on a Keto Diet:
- Low carb vegetables
- Nuts and seeds
- Dark Chocolate
- Coffee and Tea (No sugar)
- Olives and Olive oil
- Dark Chocolate
4. Plant-Based Diet:
A plant-based diet is usually defined as a diet that consists of consuming minimally processed food and limiting eating animal products. People tend to use the word plant-based diet and vegan diet interchangeably because of the slight difference in their meaning. A vegan diet is something wherein people altogether avoid consuming animal products and animal produce products like dairy.
What You Should Know:
- Researchers claim that a plant-based diet can be very healthy for the body if it is followed correctly.
- It is very cost-effective.
- People prefer to eat vegetarian salads and sandwiches over meat.
Benefits of Plant-Based Diet:
- Helps in reduce excess weight
- Improved kidney function
- Maintain lower blood sugar levels
- Rich Nutrients-makes brain stronger
- Tames Inflammation
Drawbacks of Plant-Based Diet:
- Asks you to change your diet completely
- Plant-based diets can cause protein, mineral, and vitamin deficiency.
- It needs you to be very critical of what you eat.
Things to eat on a Plant-Based Diet:
- Whole grains
3. Noom Diet:
Noom diet app is a free app that helps you attain your weight goal by giving individuals their personalized diet plans. Their health coaches provide you with diet tips to help you achieve your goal faster and more efficiently.
The thing which this diet and app have to offer is a little different from that of regular apps because, in noom diet, you change your behavior and transform your body.
This app and diet are becoming quite popular because it is an online platform reaching out to everyone and helping them bring a change in their habits and day via technology.
Things You should know:
- It is known to help one shed weight by giving you a diet that suits your lifestyle.
- It is a psychologically driven method.
- Like any other, nutrition and eating healthy are vital as they are the secret to extended healthy living.
- In this diet, you can eat yellow, red, and green label foods.
Benefits of Diets like Noom Diet:
- Personal Coaching
- Behavioral changes
- Dairy intake- Controlled.
- No need to intake supplements or protein powders
Drawbacks of Noom Diet:
- It tends to be unreliable.
- It does not provide you with all the food options.
- People have faced problems with tracking their meal plan as well.
Things you can eat on Noom Diet:
- Non-fat dairy
- Almond milk
- Whole food grains
2. The Primal Diet:
The Primal diet was introduced in 2009 by Mark Sisson, who is a former athlete.
After his research, he concluded that eating as our ancestors did was the key to healthy living.
As the word ancestors come into the picture, it is not difficult to guess that it means seasonal eating as they survived on eating what they used to hunt.
As the name suggests, it means that one should only consume what our primal ancestors could hunt and eat. The fundamental difference between the primal and the paleo diet is that paleo is very strict.
What You should know:
- The whole idea of this diet is to eat whole foods (minimally processed) and which are mostly organic.
- It promotes the intake of natural foods and seasonal produce.
- One should avoid dairy in general.
Benefits of Primal Diet:
- Clean diet
- Weight loss
- More Energy
- Better heart rate
- High Energy
Things you can eat on Primal Diet:
- Nuts and seeds
1. Dubrow Diet:
Dubrow diet is the talk of the decade as it has some major life-changing options to offer. It is all about intermittent fasting, which is the rest and refuel system, wherein you eat for a particular window of time and then the rest of the time you fast.
This low carb diet will have to benefit in losing weight and looking ageless. Diets like these tend to work for everyone.
Things you should know:
- It is a book written by Heather and Terry Dubrow, famous for their cast in the American series “The real housewives of orange county.”
- This diet has three phases: Red-carpet ready, Summer is coming, and Look hot while living like a human.
- It is basically a celebrity given diet, so it tends to be a little on the high end.
- It offers a diet which not only looks good on you but also makes you feel the best.
Benefits of Diets Like Dubrow Diet:
- Eating healthy foods is promoted.
- Prevents the yo-yo effects
- Easy plans-flexible
- Allows cheat meals
Drawbacks of Dubrow Diet:
- Causes stress
- Non-fasting days can lead to weight gain.
- Increases Cholesterol
- Might have side effects of binge eating and overeating
Things you can eat on Dubrow Diet:
- Lean Proteins
- Nuts and seeds
- Calorie-free beverages
- Healthy fats
BONUS DIET TYPE:
The Mediterranean Diet:
The true meaning of the Mediterranean diet is eating traditional food items from one’s country or region such as fruits, vegetables, whole foods, dairy, etc., with one or two glasses of wine, red to be specific.
It not only focuses on eating healthy but also conveys how exercise is of the utmost importance. It has a very positive and long-lasting effect on your body as well as mind.
You should know:
- This diet is taking the world by storm.
- It is one of the most highly rated and recommended type of diet.
- It is adapted from Italy and Greece’s traditional foods in the 1960s as they were the healthiest people compared to the Americans.
- It is known for preventing heart strokes/attacks, weight loss, type 2 diabetes, and premature deaths.
- Poultry and fish make a massive part of this diet by replacing meat.
- It is a balanced diet.
To sum it up, if you want to follow any diet, do not try and do it blindly as given on the internet. Always reach out to a nutritionist or a dietitian who is a professional and get a diet specially customized for yourself. Always follow the diet religiously and eat at proper timings. Eat healthily and give your body all the body nutrition and protein and keep your body moving for faster results. Every diet will work on your body if you follow it in the right way and continuously.