By Souumil Shringarpure and Siddharth Mahadevan
- Taking people through a step by step process of how a song is created in a studio
- How to approach making of tunes and understanding the metering/phrasing of lyrics
- How to choose instruments and sounds for creating a backing track for that particular tune
- How does the recording process happen
- How the song is mixed, mastered and gets ready for release
- Also will be briefly touching up on music distribution
Learn how to make a song from Souumil Shringarpure is a trained pianist, music composer, singer, and actor. He has been performing with Shankar Mahadevan, Shankar Ehsaan Loy for 10 years now. He has also performed in numerous Indo-Western Fusion Music Concerts with the likes of Ustad Zakir Hussain, Ustad Taufiq Qureshi, Sivamani, Ravi Chari to name a few. Besides music, he has also acted in 2 Marathi films.
Siddharth Mahadevan is a singer and music composer who’ll be teaching you how to create a song. He began his playback singing career with the song Zinda from Bhaag Milkha Bhaag. Ever since, he has sung many popular songs like Malang from Dhoom 3, Nachde ne saare, Pehli Baar, to name a few. He has also sung numerous ad jingles and songs in the South Indian industry. Besides playback singing, he has also been a stage performer for almost 7 years.
Souumil and Siddharth began their music composing career as a duo in 2008. Ever since, they have composed music for several Marathi films, a couple of Hindi films and an international film too. The duo has composed anthems and jingles for brands such as Maruti, TVS, Honda Livo, Britannia, Fabindia, Radiocity, to name a few. They have also done anthems for several social causes. Over the years, they have branched out into fields other than music as well. They have had an event organising/management company for the last 5 years. Recently, they have also ventured into film production, with their first venture being a Marathi film which is currently in its final stages of completion.